Saturday, November 8, 2008

Arizona 75mph - woooohhhh


West Fork of Oak Creek - Sedona AZ.

I don't even drive the ambulance that fast!!! So it was a quick trip! Fabulous highways.
Only a few U turns as the "nag-avator" was top flight. The pilot was on cloud 9 after excelling in her judging program in Phoenix. Of course this is after following the nag-avators advice to practice watching dressage tests on Youtube.com. Practice-practice-practice... I was impressed.
From Phoenix where I died from the heat last weekend at 95 degrees. It was so hot I heard the Ultra dog, and dog-dog competitors from around the country discuss the crazy dressage riders who were out competing in wool coats, are they nuts? Got to meet Forest Gumpie dog-dog champion from Canada. Apparently you can google him and see his 24 foot jump. I only survived by escaping into my good friends wonderfully air conditioned 5th wheel RV parked at the show grounds.
Then a few days ago in Prescott I froze my petuki ( spell check wants to put in Petunia - ya, that froze too) at 28 degrees. My timbers were shivering (shiver me timbers). Fun visiting great friends and touring Arizona. I am thinking if I cant hardly survive AZ in Nov. how on earth am I going to Colorado in Dec. Ha ha - Arizona was a warm up to Colorado. Cabellas.com here I come for winter boots.
I freely admit "I am a Hawaiian wimp." I am so spoiled!!!! It felt like walking into a sauna when I got off the plane. Ahhhh - warm again.

No comments: