Monday, August 24, 2009

Poolena Beach - Wailea


It was a gorgeous day to go to the beach. Of course we only go when visitors are here. The water was a little rough but quite clear just out of the shore break. As soon as I got in there was a old cowrie shell sitting on the bottom at about 5 feet deep. We snorkeled toward Kihei. There were 4 papio, then 2 big silver fish w/ big eyes about 2 feet long. They were scooping up the bottom sand making big clouds of sand. Next a couple green sea turtles. A few big foot long goat fish. Lots of red pencil urchins. My friends asked if I wanted to snorkel around the point. I was getting a little tried. "No I will just drift back down the coast" Wrong, we had been drifting down. Now we had a good swim against the current. At one point with the bottom sand swirling and the light dancing it was pretty bizzar. A great beach day.




No comments: