Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Set your Horse Straight and Ride Forward

















Aloha - Its been a little time since my first post. Got locked down by google for a few days :)
Yeah made my first post then blammm - locked down. But I'm cleared and back in cyber space.
Experimenting with photo uploads.
Mr. Lassetter was visiting from Europe. Great riding, friends and lots of laughter. I survived riding Freederic the Great in a clinic setting. My 17h, 9 yo grey Hannoverian gelding (Freestyle/Diamont). 45 minutes and I only had to walk twice :) Only those who ride with the master would understand. I was stoked. He tried really hard and was zooming down those long sides "steady". I had been having trouble with diving inwards with the L shoulder when tracking L. Inside leg, inside palm up and cross toward the neck for 1-3 strides(then give the rein up towards the neck to remind you not to do this all the time) , make the circle more square for 1/4 circle and it worked quite well.
A great exercise. On the middle 20m circle tracking R, when you get to the center line a smaller 12m circle to the L. When you return to the track and straighten, canter R on the middle 20m circle. repeat. Change rein and repeat the other direction. He was not cantering immediately on his L lead. Small tap with the whip on the shoulder and the next time he was fine.
Head to the wall leg yield in trot. Halt 3/4 turn on the forehand to a shoulder in position. Shoulder in for 8-10 steps in trot. 10 m circle returning to head to the wall leg yield. Halt 3/4 turn on the forehand and repeat.
It tried to rain, went from dead still and muggy the first day to gale wind the next. Up at 5am and to bed at 11pm. I need to go to work so I can rest.




No comments: