Saturday, January 10, 2009

WOLF MOON, SNOW MOON




The perigean moon. The moon is at it closest to Earth for 2009. 14% larger and 30% brighter. It is 31,000 miles away.
Of course I was waiting for this dang moon to come up. It was 30 minutes late due to thick clouds on the horizon. Then every shot was blurry due to movement. I was poised, one arm around the tree, leaning back against the coconut tree for stabilization when the fire fighter walked out of the station.....
Every medic or health care provider will tell you people get crazy during the full moon. It's true!
A payday weekend and a full moon. My partner and I hold our breath.
Sure enough out we go! As we arrive at the hospital. My partner starts to pull the gurney out of the ambulance. The patient says "Are you sure your strong enough" I say.. don't worry, she had her Wheaties today. Then in my minds eye I see a bowl full of colored cereal. "No it was Lucky Charms." My partner chimes in "Actually it was Fruit Loops." We all 3 laugh with the patient saying "That will match the moon tonight."

No comments: